PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Hariy Woodpecker

The Hairy Woodpecker is a larger version of the more common Downey Woodpecker (P. pubescens).
js
-- PHOTO OF THE WEEK: http://schmidling.com/pow.htm Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver http://schmidling.com
On 10 Jul 2006 20:47:57 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@schmidling.com wrote:

Here's a photo of one I took in May, but I don't think his name is Harry.....
http://mom357.photosite.com/AnimalsandPlants/Birds/DVC00465.html
See Ya!
MOM
Visit my photo site. Over 1000 Royalty Free Photos.
Click on the Thumbnails for the full size photo. Featuring Scenic, Nature, and Strange photos. Updated Daily. Yes Daily. And the Pix are Free.
http://mom357.photosite.com /
Mean Old Man wrote:

It's hard to be sure from the pic but judging from the bill length, I would say it was a Downey.
js