PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Bungee Squirrel

As anyone knows who has ever had a birdfeeder, squirrels are at the same time the most exasperating and funniest critters out there. They consume bird feed faster than we can put it out and a whole cottage industry has developed around keeping them out of the bird feeders. We have tried them all with little long term success as sooner or later, they break the code. The bungee for squirrels is one of the best gadgets yet. It doesn't keep them out of the feeder but it's fun enough to watch them conquer this challenge to make it worth the corn they eat.
js
Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Gems, Sausage, http://schmidling.com
couldn't get the page to open

dustin.mcbride wrote:

gls858
Jack Schmidling wrote:

I have fat squirrels in the yard, but they only get what the birds throw out of the feeders. Iy first try at thwarting them failed. A squirrel can climb five feet up a piece of half-inch galvanized pipe. Now that there's a length of four-inch stove pipe at the top, they can't climb it. Another feeder is hung on a tree, but they slide off its its sloping top. I'll post pictures if anyone thinks these are remarkable enough to warrant it.
Jerry

got it to open now....haha....nice idea!

Jack Schmidling wrote:

That squirrel should try out for the Olympics! Quite a jump for the cheeky (determined) little bugger!
Jill