PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Bloodroot

One of the prettiest of the early Spring flowers is the Bloodroot. Unfortunately, it comes and goes so fast, one could easily miss it. This picture was taken on Saturday. There was one flower open on Friday and only one left today (Sunday). It is a member of the poppy family.
js
PHOTO OF THE WEEK: http://schmidling.com/pow.htm Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver http://schmidling.com
Beautiful photos! I have a Bloodroot plant blooming in my garden right now....I bought it at a nursery last year (after it had already flowered) and I'm so pleased that it made it through the winter...
Do you think my single plant will spread in the coming years? I'd love to have more of them...
CW
We started with just a few plants transplanted when we moved and they have spread to a 2 or 3 foot circle.
js