PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Ants

This week's photo is more a question than a statement.
Walking across the lawn last week, I came upon this large group of ants with an obviously keen interest in this particular patch of grass.
Question is: What on Earth are they doing?
js
PHOTO OF THE WEEK: http://schmidling.com/pow.htm Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver http://schmidling.com

Maybe they were preparing to migrate. The colony may have gotten to large for the local food supply.

That's what I was going to say!
See Ya!
MOM
I've got photo's of bugs on my site Too Visit my photo site.
Click on the Thumbnails for the full size photo. Featuring Scenic, Nature, and Strange photos. Updated Daily. Yes Daily. And the Pix are Free.
http://mom357.photosite.com /

Visit my photo site.
Click on the Thumbnails for the full size photo. Featuring Scenic, Nature, and Strange photos. Updated Daily. Yes Daily. And the Pix are Free.
http://mom357.photosite.com /
snipped-for-privacy@schmidling.com wrote:

fighting in the group, at least that's what it looks like to me. Ants will often fight over foraging grounds, sometimes of the same species even. HTH
George
Maybe some delicious fluid was spilt over the grass - fruit juice, maybe?
snipped-for-privacy@schmidling.com schrieb:

handle with care. do not fold, spindle or mutilate.

No, no! It was an ant rave!
--
gloria - only the iguanas know for sure