peach tree question

I planted a peach tree last spring........that is I transplanted it from a container. The Tree is about 6 foot tall and 1 inch diameter. fertilized about a month ago before buds broke with bat guano.. when should i fertilize it again? and what fertilizer will bring best results.

Reply to
buckwheat

Best not to fertilize for the first full year, let the roots stretch out for nutrients. If you fertilize early on the roots will become stunted. Unlike potted plants trees planted in the ground really don't need any fertilzer unless you notice they are looking anemic, over fertilizing is far worse than no fertilizer. Where are you located and have you tested your soil... proper Ph is more important than adding nutrients... plants receive like 95% of their energy from sunlight.

Reply to
Brooklyn1