Peach tree

I'm not a purist. I don't use toxins because I don't kill intentionally. Do I kill all day by walking on the floor, ground outdoors smashing ants, swatting flies on autopilot, eat foods which were grown with natural pesticides, Yes. The difference is these are not done intentionally.

Reply to
Jangchub

Then why do you have a problem? I thought you were the one with the questions? Lets see some pictures of these wonderful trees you care for.

Reply to
symplastless

branch is attached.

Go here:

WORLD WIDE PRUNING GUIDE for home owners. LUCID!!!!!! MODERN ARBORICULTURE for peaches.

Reply to
symplastless

in caring for a tree properly. Home owners are sure to create problems with instructions like that~!!!!! Must be willing to read

you can get their stuff at your library - FREE! Some people will buy products they do not understand and not buy books that will give them understanding. Some people will buy products they do not understand and not buy books that will give them understanding. Some people will buy products they do not understand and not buy books that will give them understanding. Some people will buy products they do not understand and not buy books that will give them understanding. Some people will buy products they do not understand and not buy books that will give them understanding. Some people will buy products they do not understand and not buy books that will give them understanding.

Reply to
symplastless

Whatever problems the tree had prior application of fast release nitrogen, the tree still has after application. Maybe I am wrong, what do you see? However, the thing that changes is the tree grew bigger in symplast maintaining parts. With this increase is size from nitrogen, the requirements for the other 16 essential elements increases. Food for defense of larger symplast increases, not to mention the energy required for the increase in girth to take place. The requirement for water increases with size of symplast. I would think it is safe to say that the root exudates for soil associates will also increase. More living cells would be required to store starch. What's the cost of creating extra starch? So you will hopefully see and understand the role nitrogen can play.

Bigger leaves more oxygen. More oxygen out also requires more oxygen in for respiration. So what real benefit, do we know of, that applications of high doses of fast release nitrogen might create? The only thing I know fast release nitrogen feeds is the decay fungi. Some people would say decay pathogen. I kind of favor the predisposition theory. Nonetheless, so much focus on nitrogen, should be spread out for all the 17 known essential elements for trees. When one is lacking it will dictate a problem. The Law Of The Minimum. Something I have on growth increase:

I do not know, I may be all wrong as some claim. Maybe I am a fraud and will never be a arborist, forester, tree biologist or whatever, as some have claimed.

My professor and his chemistry friend used to explain nitrogen applications like this. Take the 10 most spectacular 4th of July Grand Finale's and put them together. This is what happens when you take a pinch of fast release nitrogen and release it on the soil. That is chemistry speaking. I believe them. Do you?

Reply to
symplastless

Fungicides are one thing, pesticides are another. Fortunately, the yeast dispose of most of these.

They will probably be more put off by the SO2 that you use. If you don'y use SO2, they will probably be turned off by the wine. I had the good luck to find a case of '83 Pinot that I had forgotten about. It's a little tired but I'm sure an European palette would find it just fine. There are also some experiments in magnums from 1979 that escaped my progeny (grace a dieu).

Reply to
Billy

Get a broom.

Reply to
Billy

Well, no it isn't. The average home gardener really does not need the level of knowledge that you feel is minimum. There is no reason to offer any more info than is needed. Those interested in further info can find it or seek it out. Those who want a very specific pieces of it can thus find it easily and not wade through unwanted and extraneous information.

Although you dearly want to tell people everything you know, most of it is burdensome and unnecessary.

Do you think that home gardeners didn't grow fruit trees before these books came along? The yard of the home I grew up in had a fine, fine peach tree. I assure you, no one felt the need to run out and get your books. An inexperienced gardener asks for or seeks a level of information that is practical, understandable and useful. What you offer is interesting, but truly impractical and useless for the average gardener.

Amazingly, nature seems to allow even unattended fruit trees to produce, some may do so better than others and there are many ways of maintaining and increasing yields if tended, but, really, until you comprehend the audience to whom you preach so haughtily, you'll benefit no one.

How the hell do you earn a living?

Boron

Reply to
Boron Elgar

Time to put you in the killfile. I don't know what your problem in life is, but you're a nutcase.

So long, sucker.

Boron

Reply to
Boron Elgar

There are organic ways to deal with the issues. See the newsletter link that I posted before. He provides both chemical and organic solutions.

John

Reply to
John Bachman

Been there done that with you.

Reply to
Jangchub

Hi there, ever tried a lemon tree? ;-)

Alex

I don't use pesticides, natural or synthetic. Fungicides are pesticides. No worry, this is certainly not the end of my world.

Reply to
Jangchub

are doing very well. I found out this year I am not allergic to citrus. I tell you, ageing is not for sissy's.

Reply to
Jangchub

Hi, any special care needed for your lemon trees? I am little sceptic as mine tend to shrink... Is it because of the soil?

Alex

Reply to
Alex

What do you mean they shrink? The fruits shrink?

Mine are in 30 gallon tubs which go in the greenhouse in winter. For me they are mostly evergreen. Though they are in tubs, I mulch them and use granular organic fertilizer about three times during the growing season. They are growing in a fertile soil mix half fungal compost and a few shovels of ground soil along with potting pro mix. They need to be watered a lot because of the heat and lack of rain in TX.

Reply to
Jangchub

You never showed me one dissection you did? Did I miss something?

Reply to
symplastless

Wrong. Telling someone to prune a tree is different then explaining how to prune a tree. You claim people who want to help trees all they need to know is to prune. Nonsense. The world wide photo pruning guide is as simple as you get.

Many tree problems are associated with the following: They are Case Sensitive.

Unhealthy Trees from the Nursery / Improper Planting

Mulching -
Pruning
Fertilization (See A Touch of Chemistry)
Farming and Related Problems
in the Rhizosphere
John A. Keslick, Jr. Consulting Tree Biologist
Beware of so-called tree experts who do not understand tree biology. Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions keep reminding us that we are not the boss. Some people will buy products they do not understand and not buy books that will give them understanding.

Reply to
symplastless

Some people will buy products they do not understand and not buy books that will give them understanding.

Some people will buy products they do not understand and not buy books that will give them understanding. Some people will buy products they do not understand and not buy books that will give them understanding. Some people will buy products they do not understand and not buy books that will give them understanding. Some people will buy products they do not understand and not buy books that will give them understanding. DITO

Reply to
symplastless

You didn't ask me for photos of my dissection of my peach tree. You asked for photos of the tree.

One time you said people don't know how to prune correctly and I sent you photos of donuts forming around cuts I'd made on several of my climax Live Oak trees. You never acknowledged that I sent them, even though you said they'd go on your website if they were done correctly.

Boring. I'm now boring myself.

Reply to
Jangchub