OT: FRACTALS

At this site:

you can see "divinely" beautiful pictures of Nature, ***including plants,*** illustrating the concept of Fractals.

(BTW, this is the first time I have run into a two-letter site. Is this new?)

As a card-carrying non-mathematician, I have always harbored a mystic reverance for Fractals. Though not a religious believer, I still wonder how anything that wondrous could exist.

If you're new to the term, here's the URL to Benoit Mandelbrot, the "discoverer" of Fractals .

(Mandelbrot spent so much of his employer's money on plane tickets so he could observe cloud formations, that they finally pulled his privileges.)

Reply to
Higgs Boson

HB

Addendum: Sorry, I *was* able to access but now cannot. Get it in all languages except English!

Better use the Wikipedia site & go from there. Mea culpa.

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

***including plants,*** illustrating the concept of Fractals.

reverance for Fractals. Though not a religious believer, I still wonder how anything that wondrous could exist.

"discoverer" of Fractals .

he could observe cloud formations, that they finally pulled his privileges.)

Regarding two-letter top-level-domains (TLDs), national TLDs are all two-letter. See .

Reply to
David E. Ross

No wonder I got only foreign language hits by inputting . That's Al-effing-bania!

Wikipedia is your friend... Do check out the site; the visuals of plants, etc. are unbelievable.

HB

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson