Orchid "forest"

Page 2 of 2
On 2/25/2016 9:42 PM, Hypatia Nachshon wrote:

I generally do mix some old bark from the flower pot with mostly new bark when repotting. However, do not depend entirely on my advice. I recently repotted both my Phalaenopsis, and then one of them died.
--
David E. Ross

While many tributes to the late Supreme Court Associate Justice

I have one orchid for at least 3 years. Never re-potted and it looks happy to me. There are plenty of roots outside the pot but I don't see a problem with that. It gives me an opportunity to mist the roots every few days with water.
So, why do I need to re-pot this plant?
--
Dan Espen

On 2/26/2016 9:06 AM, Dan Espen wrote:

If ALL of the NEW roots are outside of the pot, the plant is not getting any nutrients.
--
David E. Ross

While many tributes to the late Supreme Court Associate Justice

So, the roots need to be inside the pot to work.
I'm going to need a much bigger pot and this plant is already too big.
Time to visit youtube again for replanting orchid videos.
--
Dan Espen

On Friday, February 26, 2016 at 9:26:19 AM UTC-8, David E. Ross wrote:

On the 3 Phals from TJ, the roots of one are climbing out top of pot Since these pots don't have drainage holes where roots would normally protrude, I assume this should be sign that plant (s) needs repotting?
HB