old bulbs

I recently found some bags of flower bulbs that I'd bought about 4 years ago and never planted. They are gladiolas and some other little smaller blue flower. They have been stored in a dark, dry, cool area for all this time. Do you think they'll do anything if planted? Also, I have bags of dried, seed-filled black eyed susans and marigolds and I think bee-balm (all deadheads) which are the same age, and they've also been stored this long in the same place as the bulbs. I wonder if they'd be any good?
Plant em and see? Sure can't hurt.
-- Save the earth. It's the only planet with chocolate and Starbucks!! BetsyB
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I recently found some bags of flower bulbs that I'd bought about 4 years ago and never planted. They are gladiolas and some other little smaller blue flower. They have been stored in a dark, dry, cool area for all this time. Do you think they'll do anything if planted? </FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Also, I have bags of dried, seed-filled black eyed susans and marigolds and I think&nbsp;bee-balm (all deadheads) which are the same age, and they've also been stored this long in the same place as the bulbs. I wonder if they'd be any good?</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Are the bulbs hard, soft, or shriveled? I think if they are still hard, they might grow just fine. If they are shriveled or mushy, then they are compost. When they dry out, they shrivel up and die, so if they are hard they are not dry, nor have they rotted. I'm curious, so plant some and then let us know what happened :-)