Northern CA here

Good morning all. I am looking for a site that gives me information on starting or germinating seeds. I have started purple bean vines in the past and now I am going to try some different vines as well ( have a huge chain link fence that I would like to be covered in vines). I have some boston ivy, purple cup & saucer and some other ones coming. I am more interested on how to start this vines for transplanting in the spring. Any help would be great!

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/seed/msg1118123830627.html?6
Here's a start. HTH