Newly Planted Lily Emergence Time

I am in a zone 5/6 area in Connecticut. I planted Asiatic, Oriental and Calla Lilies from Home Depot about 3 weeks ago. I planted them that very afternoon. Half the Asiatic emerged in two weeks. I have seen nothing of the Orientals and Callas yet. I am afraid I may have planted them before the ground was warm enough for an optimal start. Should I give up hope and start from scratch?

I planted them in an area where I have successfully grown and propagated Tiger Lilies for about ten years.

Reply to
Aragorn

Hi Aragorn,

If you planted them at the correct depth, you should see the Oriental in about a month to six weeks as they bloom later in the season an emerge later. The callas are not hardy in your zone and will need th ground to warm more before sprouting. That could take another 6 week before you see sprouts depending on the day and night time temps.

-- Newt

Reply to
Newt

I put my callas in about three weeks ago in my zone 6 garden. They sprouted already and if this year is typical, they should be in bloom by the third week in June.

Reply to
Vox Humana

Thanks for the suggestion to be patient. The Orientals just sprouted on Memorial Day weekend.

Reply to
Aragorn