My Garden Journal if you like

You are welcome to visit my garden journal personal home page site if you like.

It is at:

Bill

Reply to
Mr. Bill

Interesting. However, if you keep putting photos in it, you might soon exceed your host's byte limit. If you remove old entries to allow new ones, the historical value as a true journal is reduced.

See my garden diary at . It covers almost three years in a quite different climate. We had record-breaking cold last month. I lost some plants, but others are still blooming.

Reply to
David E. Ross

This can be fixed by having the images hosted for free by Flickr (or .Mac if someone has an account) and linking to them in the diary.

Reply to
scfundogs

Sorry to hear that you lost plants. I hate it when that happens! It has been unusually warm here this winter.

Right now I am not going to worry about running out of hosting space. Thus far I have used only 262kb of 10MB alotted. I figured the space is being paid for in my arrangement with my ISP so why not use it. As far as taking older pages dwon and putting new ones up, I am not really worried about that either as it is not intended as a historical reference but a recent goings on type of thing. I have the local copy of the entire journal for reference.

Anyway, thanks for looking at it. It is really just something to play around with but I thought some of the group might like to take a look.

Mr. Bill

Reply to
Mr. Bill

Hello Tara. I guess you took a look at it too. I never thought of using a link to a web account like fliker to store the images but I guess that would work well with a little adjustment of the link to the image. But like I told David, I am not really all that worried about space at present. Good food for thought though.

Mr. Bill

Reply to
Mr. Bill

Went and looked around at your web site. Very nicely done. I just wish there had been some pictures to supplement the descriptions like one of "the tree" It sounds like a nice tree but a picture is worth a thousand words as they say. Hey who is this they person anyway? He/she is always saying something!

Mr. Bill

Reply to
Mr. Bill