Moths in St Augistine Grass

I live in coastal Georgia and have recently noticed moths or some kind of bugs in the grass. When I cut grass yesterday lots of bugs would fly out of grass ahead of the mower. Grass is quite wet from lots of rain and sprinklers. Any idea what they might be? and what I should do to eliminate these bugs. I am assuming having these insects in grass is not good for grass.

Same thing happens when I mow (upstate NY). My lawn's unbelievably healthy, and I do nothing but mow correctly. Leave the bugs alone unless your grass has problems
***AND*** <---notice the big "and"
...you're positive that you're not causing problems in some other way, like mowing too low, etc.
On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 20:39:43 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

A disadvantage I found.
Wasps hunt the grubs. when I step on the wasps, it hurts.
I am not cutting too short. Question is , what kind of bugs are these and WHY do I have and my neighbors do not?

pak wrote: > I am not cutting too short. Question is , what kind of bugs are these > and WHY do I have and my neighbors do not? >
That's easy... They like your yard better than theirs..
Find the bug, catch the bug, ID the bug before you set out to eradicate something you do not know or understand...
Either way you won't know till you know what they are. Snap a GOOD pic, eh..
Scott Hildenbrand wrote:

[....]
that would be unsuburbanite behavior...

Snuff it out with some Roundup. Can't hide without grass to hide in....
Screw the pictures. I don't see the basis for assumption that the moths are bad for the grass. Waiting... Dave

If I use the words "cooperative extension", do you know what it means? Don't be afraid to answer. There's a useful reason for the question.