more bunny mayhem

You can usually cut the top end of a carrot off and stick it in a bit of water to get some fresh greens to grow, if it hasn't been trimmed too closely before being stuck in a cello pack... *******
Interesting project, but this trapping thing is going to begin this evening. *******
You ARE running a salad bar for rabbits. You are the one not aware of it yet. *******
"Or, my reality has been adjusted to correctness. :-) *******
Try an apple slice - a fresh one every day. Some folks swear by them. I use a bb gun. *******
Also, pepper spray works for me, but you have to apply it before they start chomping away, so their first taste is bad. Hard to break them if they've already found something tastes good. *******
If the vegetables and fruit fail, try stale popcorn. Yes, really, it worked with a rabbit which ignored the standard bait.
PatK wrote:

Sorry about the post. I was formulating a reply of my own when my computer crashed.
I've found that rabbits do love broccoli and cabbage though I don't know how they do it without floating away with intestinal gas!
Pat
Lucky for me, the only thing the rabbits in my yard eat is clover and my lawn is LOADED with it ... I used to bait the woodchuck traps w/sorrel (sorel??) and it lured the young'uns in, but big mama was too smart ... 'til the coyotes came (wahoo!!!)
~Catty One

Catty One wrote:

The dang rabbits ate my vinca this spring. Clipped the tops right off. I've had to replant it twice now but this time they're leaving it alone. Too big to be tasty now. I guess you never know what they might develop a taste for.
Pat

Keep an eye on your broccoli leaves. I'm not sure if it's the rabbits or the deer yet, but I may sleep out there tonight with a baseball bat and a pellet pistol. Grrrrrrrr..........
Doug Kanter wrote:

I wonder if there's a boom in rabbit production this spring because of the cool weather we've had? <G>
Pat
my cat works great. At least if you check the play room soon after he comes in in the morning. He likes to show off and gives them a bit of a mental breakdown (toys with them a LOT) before he eats them. I have removed two and three birds so far. I know I should give him a raise as my peas and dill have not been eaten to the ground yet!
--
Dana
www3.sympatico.ca/lostmermaid