Monstera Deliciosa yellow leaves. Help pls?

I thought it might be overwatering, but I'm pretty sure that I'm not now, and poor old Chester is still turning yellow from the bottom up. Is there anything that I can do to counteract the overwatering that I might have done? I've ordered a moisture probe, so the guesswork will be taken out of watering soon, but I'm starting to get a little concerned that I've killed him!!! Ta for any advice, Mike
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Wrote:

Hi Mike,
Is Chester a houseplant? If so the yellow leaves could be just part o the growing pattern with the older leaves dying off, the plant i rootbound and needs to be repotted or a nutrient problem. Generally nutrient problem would show in the newly emerging leaves.
New
-- Newt
Has anyone ever eaten the fruit from the Monstera Deliciosa? Jackie
Cheers Newt - yes, Chester is a swiss cheese plant - and the new leaves seem to be fine. Perhaps he needs repotting - it's been about 18 months since he was put into his current pot. I'll give it a try. Many thanks, Mike
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Wrote:

Mike, you are very welcome! If you go to repot Chester and find he' not rootbound, let us know. New
-- Newt
Just to let you know - he was very rootbound. Hopefully the coulour should come back into the leaf that's just started to turn. We'll see. Anyway - thanks again for advice. Mike
Has anyone eaten the fruit from this plant? Jackie

Yes, many years ago. As a child I remember my father bringing the fruit of this home on several occasions. Perhaps a colleague gave them to him. The plant is known as "fruit salad plant" here, and IIRC it's an appropriate name - the fruit tasted like a combination of tropical fruits. Mostly I remember the smell of the fruits, though - very aromatic.
On searching out some information I found that you should only eat ripe fruit - the unripe fruit and other parts of the plant are high in oxalic acid and will irritate the mouth and throat. You will know when the fruit is ripe enough as the skin starts to fall off by itself. Not for the impatient, though - the fruit takes about 12 months from flowering to maturity.
http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/business/8392.html http://www.foodreference.com/html/fceriman.html http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/fruit_garden/113931
Rhonda Anderson Cranebrook, NSW, Australia
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Wrote:

Mike, you are very welcome. If the new leaf is just a pale green i should darken up as it ages. If it's yellow it won't turn green.
Thanks for the update! Give my regards to Chester. :) New
-- Newt