long hot peppers

I recently visited an italian market and purchased some long hot italian peppers. About an inch wide and maybe 4-8 inches thick. They are still pretty hot after they were grilled. Perhaps a mild/med jalapeno spice. I am trying to figure out what kind of peppers these are. I am very interested in growing them. If anyone has any ideas let me know.

Reply to
Andrew

There are several that I can think of that might be the variety that you are looking for. The first one is "Big Chile II Hybrid". Another one is "Big Jim".

A couple of good sites to look at and get pepper seeds from are:

and
you might guess, they are good sites to get your tomato seeds from too.

Reply to
Bill R

Could they be Italian frying peppers or Cubanelles?

Reply to
KarenCannoli

I am very interested in finding out what type of pepper this maybe, Do you possibly have any extra seeds, I too would love to grow some.

Reply to
fiftyplusandkids

I've never found Cubanelles to have heat. Lots of flavor but not heat. I was wondering if they were Anaheims. (At least what my grocery store calls Anaheims).

Cheryl Isaak

You might look through this offering

farmerdill