long hot peppers

I recently visited an italian market and purchased some long hot italian peppers. About an inch wide and maybe 4-8 inches thick. They are still pretty hot after they were grilled. Perhaps a mild/med jalapeno spice. I am trying to figure out what kind of peppers these are. I am very interested in growing them. If anyone has any ideas let me know.
Andrew wrote:

There are several that I can think of that might be the variety that you are looking for. The first one is "Big Chile II Hybrid". Another one is "Big Jim".
A couple of good sites to look at and get pepper seeds from are: http://www.totallytomato.com and http://www.tomatogrowers.com As you might guess, they are good sites to get your tomato seeds from too.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Gardening for over 40 years

Could they be Italian frying peppers or Cubanelles?
On 2/15/08 9:20 PM, in article 5sOdnReZw4rL1SvanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com,

I've never found Cubanelles to have heat. Lots of flavor but not heat. I was wondering if they were Anaheims. (At least what my grocery store calls Anaheims).

I am very interested in finding out what type of pepper this maybe, Do you possibly have any extra seeds, I too would love to grow some.

You might look through this offering http://www.gourmetseed.com/hot_pepper_seed.0.html https://growitalian.com/Qstore/Qstore.cgi?CMD=009&DEPT=1137201857&BACK=A0001A1 http://www.seedsofitaly.com/catalogue/14