Lifting Begonias

I'm a novice gardener who has discovered tuberous begonias. My yard is mostly shade, and they seem to thrive in my garden as potted plants. This year they have been particularly beautiful in our high country foothills Indian Summer. I would like to preserve them for next season, but I need to know how to lift and store them. I don't have room or facilities to keep them in their pots over the winter. How do I over-winter them and what temp do they need to be kept? If we have a frost tonight (Oct. 25), will it be too late to preserve them?
--
mhmg

On 26/10/2011 02:45, mhmg wrote:

Just remove any remaining top-growth, and take the tubers out of their pots. Brush off what soil you can (try to avoid damaging any buds on the top of the tuber), and allow to dry. If there are any damaged or brown bits, cut these away as much as you can, and dust with flowers of sulphur or another fungicide.
The bulbs should be stored in a just frost-free place. In the past I have stored mine in bags of dry peat or sand in a garage.
The frost, unless it has been deeply penetrating, will only affect the top-growth. The tubers will still be ok for storage.
--

Jeff