Jalapenos don't get hot if weather is not hot?

I had a neighbor say that jalapenos don't get hot of the weather is not hot. I don't know if it's true or not, but my jalapenos are very mild this year. Is this true about jalapenos? No hot weather, mild peppers? I might also mention that my bushes are healthy and vigorous, and the peppers are still young. They have every indication of getting quite large, for jalapenos.
"Ook" <Ook Don't send me any freakin' spam at zootal dot com delete the Don't send me any freakin' spam> wrote in message

Not by my own garden. Last year, hot as hades here. Very little rain, extreme drought. Jalapenos were very mild. This year, tons of rain. Seasonably cool until last 2 weeks. Been producing for well over 2 months now. Very hot to the taste. Dave

Ditto. Mild weather. No days over 100 F. My ja-lap-pen-nos will cauterize your mouth.
--
FB - FFF

Billy