ISO (In Search Of) Port Orford Cedar

At least I believe it is a Port Orford Cedar. It is the only thing I was able to find info on that matched. There is one about 1/2 hour from here that I "discovered" last year. Have never before or since seen one anywhere.
I'm desperate to find one. My interest is in the tiny spherical "cones" it has. The one 1/2 hour from here was positively full of them last year. But this year it has NONE; I can't believe it !!
I'm up to my eyeballs in craft stuff with these little cones but I need some more. Does anyone have one near them ... and would you be willing to harvest some for me ?
Oh, every reference I've found refers to these as growing in Oregon. I live in Pennsylvania. Don't know if the references are old enough that they've moved east since or if I'm crazy or if someone just decided to bring one with them when they moved east.
Anyways, would be most appreciative of any help anyone might have to offer. Thanks ...Kristina
This is a variety of chaemacyperis.(false cypress) Probably most members of the family have similar cones, and other kinds would be more common in the east - perhaps chaemacyperis obtusa (hinoki cypress) is the most common, or perhaps chaemacyperis pisifera. You can probably find lots of people with those varieties near you.

As Greg indicates, all members of the cypress and false cypress produce spherical hard cones angled like tiny soccer balls. The false cypresses should be rather common for your area - they are widely grown and sold commercially as ornamental conifers. Maybe visit a nearby arboretum - which should certainly have a good representation - and ask for the location of the Hinoki, Lawson or Threadleaf cypresses - all Chamaecyparis species and cultivars. There should be lots of cones on or under the trees you could collect. Cones from true cypress (Cupressus species) will look nearly identical but considerably larger.
pam - gardengal