Is It A Weed or Flower Seedling??

Howdy all,

This is my first time direct sowing annual seeds. Now that things are growing, I'm having a hard time distinguishing between the annual seedlings and the weeds.

Does anyone know of a website that has pictures or illustrations of flower seedlings and/or weed seedlings?

Many of the seeds I planted in groups of like 5 or 7. So, I know they're flower seedlings when I see them in a group like that. But, it's the seeds that I scattered that I'm having a hard time identifying.

Any input is much appreciated.

-Felder.

Reply to
felderbush001

Weed= any plant growning where you don't want it to grow. A stalk of corn in a rose garden is a weed. A rosebush in a corn field is a weed.

Reply to
Darren Garrison

Be patient -- you can always pull a weed later -- you can't put a flower back ever! :-)

Reply to
Lisa Hurley

You can look up weeds with images for most states and provinces at the Ergonica Weed Identification Reference Matrix (EWIRM). There are over

200 lists with common and scientific names and often images, as well, on this site. Just about every weed image database on the web and also references you can purchase in book form or disks is included.

Some of these online references and disks allow you to select the features of your suspect plants and narrow down the selection to only a few that you can view with images for a positive identification.

It's true that any plant can be a weed, but the reverse is also true, that is, we can redeem our weeds if we identify their value.

Best of luck in your weed / plant identification quest.

Ray ______________________________________________________ Know your weeds to control your weeds

raycruzer

Many Thanks, Ray!

-Felder