If a geezer can't call a bird a bird what can he call a bird?

Whats wrong with calling a bird a bird anyway?

Reply to
Peter Gregson

Nothing. No more than calling a geezer a geezer.

Of course if he was one of those figured in "Old Age is not for Sissies", he may twist your head off, but what's life without a little danger? zemedelec

Reply to
Zemedelec

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk (Peter Gregson) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Linus, Charlie Brown, I found the Great Pumpkin.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like a good time to visit, as it looks like he's looking for ... um Mrs. Pumpkin.

Reply to
Salty Thumb

If you ever saw my bird you would call it "tight"!

Reply to
Wanda from West Virginia

I wonder if your know that bird is slang for women. I guess you would say broad. Anyway now days its supposed to be sexist to call a bird a bird.

Reply to
Peter Gregson

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk (Peter Gregson) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Yes I know, and I also have seen you or some other "geezer" here trolling for some wing-wang.

Reply to
Salty Thumb

Check the Czech play, "Ptakovina""

"Chces videt muj ptak? zemedelec

Reply to
Zemedelec

Can you elaborate? Google provides 600 hits to that word, none of them in english.

Reply to
Dwight Sipler

Dwight Sipler wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@haystack.mit.edu:

"Ptak" is either Polish or Russian for "bird". I don't know what "Chces videt muj ptak?" is, I don't think there is a sound that transliterates to 'j' from Cyrillic, but if I had to guess, it says "Do you want to see my bird". "Ptakovina" is probably a diminutive or a woman's name.

-- ST

Reply to
Salty Thumb

The English translation of the title, complete with double-entendre, is, : "May I show you my bird?" Ptak is Czech both for generic bird and for c*ck. However "Ptakovina" literally means a joke, a trick.

Leslie zemedelec

Reply to
Zemedelec