Ideal Soil for Photinia Fraseri Red Robin

What is the ideal soil for Photinia Fraseri (aka Red Robin) grown in a temperate Mediterranean climate like California?

My gardener planted a row of Photinia hedges and they all appear to be dying off. The soil is almost clayish, and now I am reading that Photinia like fast draining soils? I think they were just not well planted, and now I want to research the topic before making things worse.

You should have done your research at the time you first asked us about his plant earlier this year in April.

They like fertile soil that doesn't get waterlogged. Shove a finger down into the soil and find out what the conditions (soild & moisture) are at about 6 inches down and then report back to us.

Reply to
Farm1

Sheesh... WTF has a 6" long finger... you must lie the same about the length of your 2" penis.

Reply to
Brooklyn1

I hired someone else to do that research and to plant them for me. They apparently didn't do the homework. And if I am doing the homework for someone who claims to be a plant expert, I am probably micromanaging. In retrospect, I wish I had micromanaged. :)

So I did a few tests and it looks like part of the problem is the soil is different in different locations. Some of the soil looks compacted, dry, and very clayish. When you water it the water doesn't seem to drain down very far and is retained near the surface. Other parts of the soil look well mixed in with planter mix and the soil looks like it drains well. Of course if that soil is meeting hard clay a few feet down, then potentially you get water retention at the roots.

i'm going to get someone to come in and test the soil and probably I need to have someone replant.

Time you stopped drinking so much booze shedlon because you've known for years that I am a female.

Reply to
Farm1

I never thought you were female, your posting personality displays no female attributes.

Reply to
Brooklyn1

Your posting personality has never shown any human attributes however I am still capable of figuring out that technically you would be counted in any government census as being a human.

Reply to
Farm1