I've been pruning my shrub, IYKWIM.

There's a basket in the office kitchen where people put excess produce to share. This morning I mailed to everyone
--> Please help yourselves to the pile of fresh rosemary in the --> kitchen. (I pruned my shrub last night.) and got back
--> we don't want to know what you get up to in your personal time --> Adam ;-) so I replied
--> It's interesting how some people's minds work. (At least I --> changed "bush" to "shrub" before I sent it.)
--
Vielen Dank

I planted a lot of rosemary seeds over a few seasons and got nothing. Then I read somewhere that trying to do this is generally a waste of time.
So I bought a small potted plant and grew it into a big plant in the ground. Once it gets going, you'll never run short of rosemary (unless you're feeding a small, well-seasoned army).
--
Vielen Dank

Adam Funk wrote:

I planted rosemary from a tiny 1-inch pot about 30 years ago. The bush it taller than I am. The trunk is about 3-inches across. This was (of course) an upright variety, not trailing.
Just be sure that your climate is suitable for rosemary. It does not do well with snow, and too many messages in this newsgroup discuss how rosemary fails to survive the winter as a house plant. I did see a nice rosemary bush in a climate-controlled greenhouse in Toronto, Canada.
Strip the leaves from a 1-foot branch of rosemary. Tear up two fresh bay leaves. Add a fresh sage leaf and a sprig of thyme. Put them all into a blender or a mini-processor. Add enough olive oil so that, when blended, you get a thin paste. Rub the paste over a small boneless pork roast. Cook. Yum!
Strip the leaves from a 1-foot branch of rosemary. Put into a blender with a quarter-cup of olive oil and a quarter-cup of lemon juice. Add 3-5 cloves of garlic. (I find that the garlic blends better if it is finely diced.) Blend. This is a great marinade for cutup chicken or pieces of lamb (the latter for shishkabob).
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean

Wow!
I've been growing it outdoors in England, although when the plant was smaller and in a pot I put it in the (unheated) greenhouse every winter. I think once it gets big enough, rosemary becomes quite hardy and can be planted out.
--
Vielen Dank