Hydroponic ornamentals

A while back, I set up a hydroponic drip system that supported tomatoes and jalapeno peppers. It was very successful . . . but eventually . . . ugly as hell. A sprawling mass of stems and leaves.

The object of the exercise was not to get something useful . . . simply to see if it would work. I enjoy the process . . . not the product.

I'm ditching the current plants and would like to put in something decorative, attractive, ornamental . . . etc. There seems to be very little info on decorative hydroponics. All info covers things that can be eaten or smoked. Any suggestions as to what sort of things would lend themselves to this sort of setup?

Reply to
Bubba

I'd guess just about any bulb that you would consider an annual due to hydroponic method. Assuming Hydroponics is solely not dealing with perennials.

Reply to
Bill who putters

In some places flowers are grown hydroponically for the cut flower market. These would be annuals. There must be literature available on it from agencies (mostly government) that support such commercial endevours.

Er yes here are 200 refs

David Hare-Scott