Hoya Carnosa getting some yellow leaves

2 of my hoya's which bloomed for me a couple of times this summer, are starting to shed some yellow leaves. I make sure not to overwater..once a week should do it, and of course they are potbound, or they would refuse to bloom. Most experts say not to fertilize Hoya's too much and I hardly do that. What other reason could there be why some leaves are turning yellow. ..lack of nitrogen?
Try the Hoya forum on this website:
http://www.gardenweb.com /
Wishy13764 wrote:

--
The Hawke

Leaves aren't permanent. They will drop eventually.
How many years have they been on the plant?

I've been lurking here sometime and came across this post. I too have a Hoya, and love its fragrant blossoms. They are also easy to propogate.
As to your problem, I hate to tell you but it is being overwatered. Hoyas like their soil a little on the dry side. There isn't any regular watering schedule for them such as "once a week". When the soil feels dry below the surface, it's time to water. I check mine by inserting my finger into the pot down to the first joint. If the tip of my finger is dry, it's time to water.
Chances are, with your plant being potbound the water is remaining in the pot and overwatering occurs. My Hoya gets watered about every two weeks, if it's lucky, and it sits in an unshaded eastern window. The leaves are a deep glossy green and have speckles; something I didn't know until I stopped watering it too much. They are a pretty durable houseplant and can pretty much take a little neglect now and then.