How to save ivy houseplant

Hi -

I generally feel like I do OK with plants but I think I've almost done the impossible...kill an ivy plant.

Plant does not have spider mites, checked for it.

Leaves are all dry to the touch and wilted, some have drooped and are upside down. I know it's getting plenty of water....I think at one point I overwatered it so I left it outside for a couple days to dry out in the warm sun. Transplanted one of the plants two weeks ago and that hasn't seemed to help at all.

I"m in Zone 7, N of Boston.

any suggestions on what to do ?

Thanks

Reply to
TheCahills

Thought I kiled an english ivy once, all that was left was a brown twig. It was thrown out in the back yard, in a corner, and forgotten. It ate the fence first, then 3 trees, a telephone pole, did something to the cable box so suddenly we started getting all the cable channels, moved into the electric companies easement and down into the flood control ditch behind the back fence, up 2 more trees, took the roof off a small store room built in the back yard and then headed into the neighbor's yard. It was cut back many many times to no avail, froze back, mowed, and finally cleared out. It's back.

It sounds like maybe it hasn't found a spot where its happy yet. I would try letting it dry out a bit and find a fairly warm semi shady spot for it, and just watch it for awhile and see what happens. It could just be getting ready for winter in our area too.

Shell (who owns the Ivy That Ate The Yard)

Reply to
Shell91