How do trim a YUCCA tree

Hello,
I have a huge YUCCA tree in my garden that is taking up so much space cant see half the garden. Does anybody know the best way and time o year to trim this tree?
I appreciate any advice,
thanks
Ma
-- mwillia
yucca are NOT trees, are you sure of what you have? Or do you have a Josha tree which is protected by law.

Telescope Buyers FAQ

A Joshua Tree IS a Yucca.
-Sanderson
The "Joshua tree" is Yucca brevifolia.

Sorry ... But NO they are NOT.
Yuccas don't grow into trees, their flower stalk grows up, blooms, seeds, and can then be removed, I've done enough of them. Josha Trees are a woodie plant and are protected by law.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
That's Joshua. The name is in the bible.
Look up the definition of tree and you will see arborescent Yucca do fit the definition no matter what you would like to believe.
You just keep on searching the skies because you sure don't know anything about what grows on the ground.

Dubmass.
-Sanderson
Are you dyslexic, Dub Taylor?

Come on out to the high mojave desert where we have whole forest of Josha Trees protested by the laws.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
Wrong again, Storelard!
By the botanical definition of the word "tree", all arborescent Yucca are indeed trees.
The best way to trim is to remove the offending branches at their base as you would any other tree.