Hosta's in planters

I recently was given some hosta's as a gift. I have the following varities, Blue Vision, Sum & Substance, Stilleto, Great Expectations, and tokudama Flavocircinalis. All are in still in the 3 inch pots they were shipped in. Any input on which are suited to planters would be appreciated.
Mike Pratt

varities,
Sum & Substance is a gigantic hosta that grows fast. I got a couple three years ago that are now a good four feet in diameter.
Great Expectations is a sport of Elegans. It is also a large hosta, but it a slow grower. I have some that are about six years old which now about 30 inches high and wide. I would work in a container for a few years.
I don't have the others, but you can get a lot of information, including pictures here: http://www.hostalibrary.org/index.html
One good thing about hostas is that you can divide them frequently if they get too big. I have some that grow so fast that I divide them every year or two. The down-side of frequent division is that they don't reach their mature form, which can be quite different than immature plants.