Honey for beetle control

Is there any possibility that beetles (Japanese specifically) would be repelled by the smell of honey because they wouldn't want to get stuck? On the other hand they might be attracted. I have noticed that biting insects seem to stay away from me when I use a honey scented lotion. Thanks Karen
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Heck, if you have lots & lots of honey, use it as Tanglefoot and get those beetles stuck in it!
I'm wondering if honey would attract aphid or would attract good bugs that would get stuck...
Jan