Hiring teens

I may need to hire some help for some heavy brush clearing, but I have no idea what the going rate is. I am in the NorthEast (Boston) area and wonder what folks would pay teens for this kind of back-intensive work. Thanks in Advance! Beth
Here in suburban, small town PA, teens get $7/hr. for bussing tables, filing papers, and similar work. For heavy labor, I would expect to pay $9-11/hr.
Have you thought about the liability involved, should one of them get injured? Your homeowner's insurance might not cover it; you might be personally liable. I would hate to take a chance like that, in today's litigious society.
Sue snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net Zone 6, Southcentral PA

You have a good point here. It may just be cheaper and quicker to have it done professionally.
What is a teen? Here in UK the minimum wage for a standard agricultural worker of :- 15 and under is 2.55 an hour($4.11) 18 and over the rate is 5.10 an hour ($8.22)
--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries