Help to identify this indoor pot plant.

Indoor plant in Pot:

I need to indentify this indoor plant, bought from HD a month ago since its leaves looks so nicely. But sold as 3.5" plant and no other name of instructions.

Plant is about 3.5 feet heigh, leaves looks oily green, like crotens but smaller in size and only green color. Each stalk has 5~7 leaves spread out like a open palm and fingers each almost like each fingers, little, index, middle, thumb etc., each different size. Over all each leaf are elongated oval shape, flat.

I saw the same plant in a big office building, grown indoor about 12 feet tall completely surrounded by glass walls and lot of sky light. The problem with my plant is leaves are turning yellow and wither off in 2-3 days. Some leaves have brown color under side. Kind of disease or what? Its sad to see such thing happening.

Iam watering it once every 2 weeks. The plant is facing a bright window where it gets good light in day. I see some new leaves at the tip coming out too. Since I dont know its name I dont know wether Iam giving the right care or not.

I need help to identify this plant. I have other plants indoor crotens and bamboo plants in pots they are all OK and look healthy.

Its not Ficus, its not Rubber tree, it could be of similar rubber tree kind.

Appreciate any help in this.

Sam.

Reply to
sams

Is it a Schefflera (umbrella plant) maybe? Check this link

Its not Ficus, its not Rubber tree, it could be of similar rubber tree > kind.

Reply to
Tina Gibson

Home Depot currently has a bunch of plants that are from ExoticAngel.com. I bought a plant that looks like a rubber tree plant but in fact is a Burgundy Ficus.

If you go to the Exotic Angel website and hit the varities link, you can find pictures of all the plants they sell. They also have care tips on their site.

FWIW, most of the HD Exotic Angel plants that are 3.5 in size were varieties that needed medium light. My Burgundy Ficus is medium light and the instructions said to put in a bright location but no direct sunlight.

Good luck. AEB:

Rbeezer

Reply to
Tina Gibson

I don't know, lol. All I know is that the woman at Home Depot told me it wasn't a rubber plant.

But it sure does look like one.

Reply to
Rbeezer

Could it be, oh no, that the Home Depot employee is wrong, and it IS in fct a rubber plant!=;-) / Jim

Reply to
Jim W

Reply to
Tina Gibson

Correct, it is the Schefflera (umbrella plant)!!! WOW Nice name for a nice plant. Now I moved it away from the baseboard heater which goes along the wall around the room.

Thank you very much Tina and for everyone help to identify the plant.

Sam

Reply to
sams