HELP! Removing chlorine from pond water

Help! My landscaper accidently knocked a hose off my pond pump and emptied 3/4 of the water. When I arrived home my fish were in a foot of water, alive & swimming but I had to add water back late, last night immediatley, about 1,000 gallons. I didn't have any dechlorinator. Today I saw them swimming, water very murky but considering the cool weather they should be lower in depth. The frogs were above as well. Should I still attempt to purchase a dechlorinator in the morning or is it too late? Have to test ph tomorrw as well. I live in Morristown, NJ, temp is about 55 degrees right now. Have about 50 comets and 2 small koi.

===============================Before you do anything turn on all the pumps to help degas the chlorine in the water - then try and get some dechlor PRONTO! I would not have waited but gone and bought some early this morning.
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Rather uneducated advice, but we've come to expect that from you, Carol.
If the water utility uses chloramines, running the pumps would not assist in lowering the chlorine levels. If the water utility uses dissolved chlorine gas, then by the time the original poster read your response, the chlorine would have dissipated already.
Additionally if the chlorine/chloramines levels were high enough to be harmful, the damage would have already been done before the poster could have added a dechlorinator 12 - 24 hours later.
-S
Snooze wrote:

in

ted

She still pretendin she knows a thing or two about ponds.... she knows nothing at all.
Kill anyone today Antonio? Laugh at the disabled today or kick a dog Antonio? Call any biracial kids black bastard human wannabes today?

in

waited

She still pretendin she knows a thing or two about ponds.... she knows nothing at all.

Two can play this game.

Any number can play this game but you're forgetting other groups you post in Snooze.

in