HELP! Removing chlorine from pond water

Help! My landscaper accidently knocked a hose off my pond pump and emptied 3/4 of the water. When I arrived home my fish were in a foot of water, alive & swimming but I had to add water back late, last night immediatley, about 1,000 gallons. I didn't have any dechlorinator. Today I saw them swimming, water very murky but considering the cool weather they should be lower in depth. The frogs were above as well. Should I still attempt to purchase a dechlorinator in the morning or is it too late? Have to test ph tomorrw as well. I live in Morristown, NJ, temp is about 55 degrees right now. Have about

50 comets and 2 small koi.
Reply to
Kermitblomgarden

================================ Before you do anything turn on all the pumps to help degas the chlorine in the water - then try and get some dechlor PRONTO! I would not have waited but gone and bought some early this morning.

Reply to
Köi-Lö

Rather uneducated advice, but we've come to expect that from you, Carol.

If the water utility uses chloramines, running the pumps would not assist in lowering the chlorine levels. If the water utility uses dissolved chlorine gas, then by the time the original poster read your response, the chlorine would have dissipated already.

Additionally if the chlorine/chloramines levels were high enough to be harmful, the damage would have already been done before the poster could have added a dechlorinator 12 - 24 hours later.

-S

Reply to
Snooze

She still pretendin she knows a thing or two about ponds.... she knows nothing at all.

Reply to
Koi-Lo

She still pretendin she knows a thing or two about ponds.... she knows nothing at all.

Reply to
Snooze

Two can play this game.

Reply to
Köi-Lö

Any number can play this game but you're forgetting other groups you post in Snooze.

Reply to
Snooze

Snooze. There is something that clinicians refer to as ...

Verbal abuse.

If you want to harm someone emotionally, rather than in an obvious physical manner, verbal, or psychological, abuse is an effective tool.

Reply to
Snooze