Help needed, Sick Yucca (I think) See Photo

Hi all, I have what i think is a yukka which my hubbie rescued from our local dump. it had been hacked at in several places so i treated this. It was also pot bound so we transfered it. It started looking ok, then suddenly went downhill. I think i may have overwatered it. However i have not watered it for a few weeks now and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. It has a healthy looking offshoot. Can i transplant this to try and save some of the plant? If so, how can I do this? By the photo do you think the plant will die or survive?
Any help would be very much appreciated!
+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: DSC06270.JPG | |Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid 685| +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
--
MrsP

I'm not a yucca expert, but I know that they grow large roots. That plant is probably horribly root bound. I would poke around in the pot and see how much root there is in the pot. If it is indeed root bound, repotting it might fix the problem. Assuming it isn't too late for the plant - you should have done something a long time ago.
Thanks very much but if you had read the post you would have seen that I only recently acquired this from a local dump and I have already repotted as it was indeed potbound in its original pot. I am merely trying to save the plant from someone elses neglect.
Has anyone got any answers to my original questions??
'Zootal[_5_ Wrote: > ;881417']MrsP snipped-for-privacy@gardenbanter.co.uk wrote in >

> plant

> how

MrsP

MrsP wrote:

You may still be able to create new plants from it by air layering. The leaves look pretty dead.
gloria p
Thanks very much for responding Gloria!