Help/hints pruning a juniper

Ok - I have a slow growing juniper that I am trying to prune - especially away from the house. The dropped needles mat on to the branches below and obscure where I want to prune. I've tried just knocking the needles to the ground and jets of water from the hose. No good. The first works but very piecemeal; the second is useless.

So - how do I get rid of the needles so I can prune.....

Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

How about a leaf blower?