Help?

I'm looking for a houseplant I had years ago and haven't been able to find since.
I'm in Canada and when I was given the plant it was called a Mexican hat plant. It grew little plants all around the leaves and the would drop off and start new plants. Some one once told me it was also called Mother of millions.
Any idea what the correct name of the plant is and where I might find one?
--
Helen

Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift:

http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plants/Crassulaceae/Kalanchoe_daigremontiana.html
?
Nope, that's not it. It had round fleshy leaves.

Bryophyllum daigremontianum (a.k.a. Kalanchoe daigremontiana)
If you believe in God, this plant is one of his practical jokes!
Are you sure you want to get another one? The plant is a serious pest with plantlets coming up everywhere. Don't be a sucker and get one on eBay because you can easily get it for free. People who have it would probably gladly give one or more plants to you just to get rid of them.
"Mexican hat" is an awful misnomer for the plant because it actually originates from Madagascar.

Maybe someone on this UBC Botanical Garden thread can help you out with a plantlet. http://www.ubcbotanicalgarden.org/forums/showthread.php?t 50
Regards
Thanks, I'll check it out.

Try this link http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plants/Crassulaceae/Kalanchoe.html
I have Kalanchoe tubilflora 'Chandelier', it has round, succulent leaves. I think most of the Kalanchoe genus plants are maternity plants.
You mean Bryophyllum delagoense (formerly called Kalanchoe delagoensis, Kalanchoe tubiflora, Bryophyllum tubiflorum).
There is nothing hat-like about the cylindrical leaves of the plant.
You think wrong. Many but not all of the Bryophyllum are viviparous. Kalanchoe are not.

Thanks, that's not it either. The leaves are oval a little bigger than a quarter and very smooth.

Hi, I Have read you message post. The name of the species which has th
common name 'Mexican Hat Plant is kalanchoe daigremontiana. If yo would like to find suppliers of succulent plants a visit to the Cactu and Succulent Plant Mall. I am afraid I cannot remember the url for th web site.
Kind Regards,
Grenville
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk
MOM PEAGRAM Wrote:

-- spiderplantman
If you can't help, why bother resurrecting this long dead topic? That's just plain pointless.

MOM PEAGRAM Wrote:

this company states they will provide any plant you want within 4 hours .... give them a try see what you think
http://fortyeight.net/lh.php?lXcC3
-- BUDDY