Hardy Asters

We have tried hardy asters again, even though they don't seem to like our garden (but do seem to do very well for most everyone else in this area).
Should last year's growth be cut down to the ground now or left alone? Maybe we've been doing that wrong.
Ralph D. wrote:

Here is a site that has some tips on growing asters: http://www.thegardenhelper.com/aster.html
You can use google (or your favorite search engine) to find a lot more information on them.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Gardening Since 1969
Ralph D.]We have tried hardy asters again, even though they don't see
to like our garden (but do seem to do very well for most everyone else in thi area).
Should last year's growth be cut down to the ground now or left alone Maybe we've been doing that wrong.
here are a couple of links that might help u ralph. good luck with you asters. cyaaaaa sockiescat.
http://tinyurl.com/eta3w http://tinyurl.com/lvo5
-- sockiescat