Guerilla gardening with lasanga gardens

It is time to plan some lasanga guerilla gardens.

I have 3 things in my favour.

There is a railway a few hundred metres down the road with spare land alongside it. It is autumn so leaves are falling. It is autumn so a bed of organic matter laid down now will rot nicely for a mi to late spring planting.

To date I have lifted some large flat cardboard sheets and placed on them on the spare land and covered with 3 bags of horse poop. Shortly some leave will be added.

Come spring there should be a nice fertile patch to plant sweet corn and pumpkin.

rob

Reply to
George

Good on you, Rob, for committing unprovoked acts of beauty and kindness.

Reply to
Billy

Rob, I did almost the same thing last fall. All plants had gone into hibernating and thus I was able to put about 6" of falled, died maple leaves on top of my whole corner garden. I then top it all off with 3 garbage cans of horse poo.

My plants seem to have like the arrangement as they are growing faster this year and look a lot healthier. When my plants fulling mature, I will add some loam and then mixed everything in together.

Donna in WA zone 8

Reply to
Lelandite

Reply to