GRRR @#$%&

I have had tomato, pepper, and selected "other" seedlings in a roll- around, zip-up-the-side shelved tent. About 120 or so cups of seedlings. Today, while I was working in the barn, the tent, which I had rolled out on the deck to get sun, got blown over, scattering cups, soil, seedlings, etc. I salvaged about half of the peppers, some cukes, but hardly any tomatoes. I am pissed. But............ I have about half a packet each of the tomatoes, as I intended to do some direct seeding as an experiment. Looks like they will be the bulk of this year's crop. I guess I will even hold my nose and go get some nursery seedlings. Maybe I will transplant some of the volunteers that I usually weed out.
cheers, anyway
oz
On 4/30/08 11:55 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@d45g2000hsc.googlegroups.com, "MajorOz"

Grumbling for you! what a PITA. BUT, I'd try a few quick starts and direct seeds. Maybe you can find a nursery with interesting tomatoes. Cheryl

Going to Baker Creek Sunday and Monday -- most eclectic bunch of crazies I have seen since Seattle in the 70's. All my seedlings used their heirloom seeds; mayhap some of the vendors will have some varietals.
cheers
oz, gargling with tequila prepratory to singing for two days.
On Thu, 1 May 2008 19:19:12 -0700 (PDT), MajorOz
DON'T SPIT !!!!!!!!!
Charlie
In article

The divinely inspired crazies where in 1999, lord love 'em. Intercourse the WTO.

--

Billy

You can also take cuttings from any of the tomatoes that survived to propagate them... The cuttings usually only wind up a couple of days behind the parent plant at maturity.
Cheers! Paul