Growing too close to struggling rose, should I pull or transplant wildflower plants?

I transplanted 6 Harison's Yellow roses in late May, and they are struggling. They look pretty bad, but I'm feeding them and some of the plants are sprouting new leaves. They suffered severe transplant shock, were growing in full sun but the one that is doing the best is the most shaded although smaller than most of them. I finally pruned them back a little.
Anyway, until they get established, if they do, we scattered some daisy and poppy and other seeds to fill in. Now one group of plants which are past the seedling stage are clumped around one of the bushes that is showing no new growth and I fear the competition with the wildflowers may set it back more.
I can dig them up and put them in a bare spot but don't want to disturb the roots of the rose bush. Maybe it is just better to pull them out?

Right. Pull them out.
dont feed newly planted stuff. it is like shoving a steak dinner on somebody just outta surgery. the only thing appropriate is a big of superphosphate and compost in the hole when transplanting. Ingrid