Growing lemon tree from scratch (in a pot) - need advice on how to get the "tree" to flower within say 3 years instead of 10?

I have a "glass balcony" in the south of Sweden (in principle it can function as a greenhouse), where I want to grow a lemon tree or two in some large pots. I will bring the plants indoors during winter. I want to grow from scratch from seeds from a lemon. This is possible I have heard, but it may take 10 years before the tree flowers and it may not even flower at all I have heard. But I have also heard that grafting from a mature lemon tree may make it flower sooner. Or can you add some artificial plant hormones somehow and get the same result? Can you buy plant hormones somewhere (on the web)?

Thanks in advance for any relevant reply!

Don't reply via e-mail. It doesn't work!

Reply to
Kent Nilsson

Brian