Growing Impatience

Planted about 300 bulbs yesterday. No flowers yet, zone 5, upstate NY. What the hell's wrong with these bulbs???
Doug Kanter wrote:

LOL!

Give it six days. That's how long it took to create the universe.

Why did you wait so long to post? You should have gotten online within seconds after putting the bulbs in the ground. If you had no results by then, it was way too late. ;)

What
seconds
was way

At least I'm having a ball watching the squirrels try to get past the chicken wire I laid over some of the planting spots. :-) It's driving them bonkers.

Oh, those are just the diversion squirrels. The other squirrels are busy digging a tunnel from 40' back thataway. It even has little squirrel lights and a trolly track in it, a la Stalag 13.
Giselle (it fools the humans every time)

NY.
it
them
lights
Say it ain't so! :-)
Doug,
No problem in this part of Zone 5.
It's been so unnaturally warm this fall that my bulb are all sending out shoots. So are my Irises. Glad I didn't plant anything too expensive. <sigh>
-- Jenny

What
I almost planted earlier. Throughout 20 years of gardening, I've only planted bulbs a couple of times, and I guess I got lucky in the past - no early growth. This year, I've been stopping at a certain garden store for endless bags of mulch. (My house came with the tacky artificially colored red stuff). The lady is telling everyone who walks in the door to wait before planting bulbs. Finally, this weekend, she said NOW!

Doug Kanter Wrote:

You haven't given them enough Scouse Juic
-- Sadie
On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 15:53:59 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

Impatiens are grown from seed, not bulbs. Are you sure you didn't plant turnips?
Not Impatiens, you silly toad.
He's growing impatient with his bulbs.
Its a pun, you wart monger.
wrote:

What

What
Take a deep breath. Read what I meant, not what I wrote. It's a word thing. :-)
On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 11:13:58 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

Yes, I got the joke. Yes, I know you were talking about bulbs. Yes, I know the difference between Impatiens and impatience. Thought "turnips" would be a clue. Evidently not.