GEtting rid of Grubs

What is the best way of getting rid of grubs ?
Thanks BABS
:) What is the best way of getting rid of grubs ? :) :) If best is way of less environmental impact there are nemotodes that are supposed to be a long term option. I am not sure if BT var. BuiBui is available on the market, but you might be able to research that. If best is something working quickly, products containing Imidacloprid are effective and will last a season. A side note would be are you sure you are in need of any control. It will have to be a large population before damage begins showing up, and I would say just a very small percentage of people I come across, looking for grub control, actually need it.
--
Neat site:
http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java/scienceopticsu/powersof10 /

For lawns... There are several products/brands available that work well. The trick is knowing when to apply the product. I'm reading conflicting stories on BT effectiveness. I'll tolerate one grub per square foot, before taking action. Letting it go, lead to mole problems (hills, tunnels, erosion, etc).

Guess that would depend on what type of grub is involved. The action threshold for crane fly larvae, for example, is more than 40 per square foot.
And the type of grub also specifies the recommended treatment, assuming you want to go organic and not use chemical insecticides.
In most parts of the country it is a little late in the season for grub control. Best to wait until mid to late spring or early fall, when the grubs are active and soil temperatures conducive to either nematodes or Paenibaccillus popillea, aka milky spore.
pam - gardengal