Gardening Software

I have a garden about 50 x 30. Its pretty mature, (probably 15 years old) and Id like to make some changes. Ive also got lots of plants that Id like to catalogue.
Although Ive been a computer user for a long time, Ive never tried any gardening software that would not only enable me to catalogue my garden through text, but also photos, and also help me in trying to imagine what any changes would look like.
Has anyone got any advice on whats the most appropriate gardening software package out there for me bearing in mind that my garden is obviously pretty small?
Thanks
--
bodger99

Excel, Access, or FileMaker
--
- Billy
In article

Spreadsheets only for as I know. For the Mac: FileMaker, Bento or iWorks'09 Numbers.
If you find any specialized software for "Garden Planning" let us know. I do believe there is a web only, monthly cost, vegetable garden planner out there. That one is not for me.
--
Enjoy Life... Dan

Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.
In article

I always liked Apple Works or Claris Works databases because they were relatively easy to use. I learned Access, once upon a time, but I would be hard pressed to use it now. Excel is pretty straight forward and you can set-up columns as to what, when & where you bought your seeds, and how much, germination & potting times, and make notes about potting soils, and make notations about any special practices that you may be using.
--
- Billy
In article

DataBases and SpreadSheets are one big blur. I am hard pressed to tell what the differences are now between them. Both can create charts, store, sort, search for numbers, photos, documents, side notes and much more. The speed of these systems doesn't seem to matter if it's file system is relative or sequential. iWorks is not your daddies Apple Works.
--
Enjoy Life... Dan

Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.
In article

Once upon a time JMP would give a chance to compare numerical and Nominal in graphs. I just can't do $800 when kids are getting married. I may buy an old mac with 9.0 just for the software I have.
http://www.jmp.com /
Was wonderful to make xyz movies.
--
Bill Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 18:58:11 -0400, bodger99

A diary is about the most important "accounting" to be done with gardening. I prefer a small calendar planner, where I can note planting, fertilizing, harvest dates, insect control, seed ordering, etc. I've tried some "gardening software," found most not very good at all. Also, I'm a long-time woodworker and found most woodworking software more interesting than useful, unless perhaps you are designing furniture.