Gardena watering spares

Hi,
I use a drip watering system for my tomatoes etc when I go on holiday and I use some Gardena fittings. After just 2 years of occasional use I find the tiny thin 'O' rings are perished. One is on the expensive pressure reducer. These are smaller than the standard 9mm rings on water fittings. I cannot find these anywhere so I mailed gardena. They have finally replied saying they do not supply these as spares but if I wish I can buy a new fitting complete cheaper via their internet system. Has anyone found this? I shall not be reccomending Gardena anymore.
Cheers, Dave
--
Squeezy

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 17:57:00 +0100, Squeezy

My local hardware store has a selection of O rings along with their bolts, nuts, and other odd hardware. Yours might as well.
On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 17:57:00 +0100, Squeezy

Measure carefully the cross section diameter and the circular diameter of the O ring and google for what you need. Be prepared to look through lots of charts.
Regards,
Hal
On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 09:06:44 -0400, Hal wrote:

Keep in mind that O rings change diameter and thickness as they wear out. I would suggest bringing your parts and o-ring to your local plumbing supplier. O-rings come in standard sizes, and are common.