Freezinf of chili pequin

I am planting some chili pequins in the ground and in 5 gal pots in Central Texas. Do the pots need to be moved indoors in the winter. If so, what temp? Thanks for any advice you can give
"Craig Davis" wrote in message
I am planting some chili pequins in the ground and in 5 gal pots in Central Texas. Do the pots need to be moved indoors in the winter. If so, what temp? Thanks for any advice you can give ======================== More important than temperature (besides freezing of course) is how well you've acclimated them first, lighting being especially important. Same as for much any houseplant, really. I've grown them on under fluorescents and gotten fruits (all be they proportionally as small as the leaves by then).
In article

70F to 85F and full sun.
--
<
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYIC0eZYEtI

<http://www.democracynow.org/blog/2011/3/7/michael_moore

As we are halfway into March, I have to say you sure think long term.
A lot depends on the variety you actually have and your zone, as well as how motivated you want to be. Do you want to overwinter them or keep them producing year long? I feel you would harvest enough this fall to satisfy a pepper high through a winter so as to take the easy way and just overwinter them. Besides chiles are not a high dollar item in Texas to justify the extra effort. Then it is just a warm sunny corner and a drink every now and then.
Check Dave's Garden or google pequins, bird chile, or ask around. I've never known a Texan to be shy about giving advice, especially about their State Chile
other info sources:
http://www.fiery-foods.com/chile-pepper-gardening/127-other-stories-about-growing-chile-peppers/1887-my-love-of-chiltepins-by-dr-gerald-schmidt
http://www.chilepepperinstitute.org/chile_information.php