Fraises du bois...

...aka "Wild Strawberries".
I love these shy little sweeties. Tried them years ago but didn't work out; too sunny? Or?
Gonna go for it again this year, if only out of nostalgia.
This is So. Calif coastal. Would welcome any input from NG members who have grown fraises du boi (outdoors, not in greenhouses).
From the tiny yield of my six existing plants, looks like I would need a whole ****load to get much harvest.
These six little guys may be trying hard to yield "out of season" since everything is so ****ed up due to global warming. (I actually harvested a green pepper from a Costco plant that wintered over!!!)
TIA
HB
Higgs Boson wrote:

Apparently capsicum is a perennial and where there are mild winters, such as the coastal areas of its native area in meso-America, it can be grown as such. It is only that humans have taken it to temperate zones with cold winters that we have to grow it as an annual. In future more parts of the world can look forward to them wintering over.