Fragrant Schefflera

My neighbours here in South Australia where I live grow a plant that gives off an amazing perfume on warm summer evenings. It stands about 2m tall and looks very much like a variety of schefflera (umbrella plant) with clusters of small tubular flowers. I would like very much to grow it myself. The thing is: which variety of schefflera can it be? My internet search indicated schefflera varieties are not fragrant. Can anyone help?
Cheers.
I feel they are unlikely to be Schefflera as these are normally grown only for their foliage, with no mention of flowers or perfume. The S.arboricola can reach 2m and is recognised by hand shaped leaves with nine glossy leaflets and with long stalks. Have you thought of the various Jasmines? Or, more likely to succeed, asked your neighbours? If this fails take a piece to your local plant nursery~they will always help and will probably be able to supply. Best wishes

phil snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com.au (phlebus) wrote in message

Sounds like a night blooming jasmine to me, not a true jasmine but Cestrum nocturnum. I grow them as houseplants from cuttings I took while visiting Florida.