First real sign of spring

The lawn care companies are out!
Cheryl
In article snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net says...

LOL. They just came by today and "mowed" my neighbor's parkway. Well, they ran the mowers over brown grass that hadn't grown at all. I'm sure they got paid though.
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Yeah. They were going door to door here on Sunday morning. Told them what they could do with their harmful chemicals.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Gardening Since 1969
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

LOL! An old friend of mine got a job spraying lawns with that crap. They taught her that all a lawn needs is nitrogen for the grass and poison for the weeds.
Tony
-
On 3/22/06 11:26 PM, in article 1143087845 snipped-for-privacy@sp6iad.superfeed.net, "Tony

I couldn't believe my eyes or ears - it is 25 F on March 21 at 9 AM and the lawn care guy was riding around spreading ???? (no doubt some pre-emergent). At least he wasn't in a t-shirt!
Cheryl