Fertilizer moistened still good?

I've been using E.B. Stone granulated fertilizer -- apply, scratch in, water.

Container got wet in our one & only (sob)rain about a month ago.

Question: Does that diminish its efficacy?

TIA

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

No, chemically it will be the same, or so close that it doesn't matter. After it is applied it gets wet does it not? However, it may clump together and be hard to spread.

David Hare-Scott

Tx.

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Depends. Do you notice an amonia smell? That could indicate that some of the nitrogen is being lost to the atmosphere. But nitrogen is the only nutrient that you could lose that way.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz