Fallen bullb bargain?

(edited)

Friends of Old Bulbs Gazette Old House Gardens, 536 Third St., Ann Arbor, MI 48103, (734) 995-1486     WHERE?S  MY ORDER?         Shipping started September 27 and it?s going great! We?re currently shipping orders that arrived here the second week of August, and we expect to deliver every order currently in hand by the end of October.     IT?S NOT TOO LATE to Order Your Best Spring Ever!         We?ll be shipping bulbs through November 5, at least, and we?d love to send you some! Here in zone 5/6 we routinely plant past Thanksgiving, six weeks from now, and you may have even more time left. But please ORDER NOW! We don?t want you to be one of those sad gardeners calling here in mid-November, ready to plant, only to find our barn is empty.     GET FREE BULBS From Our Big Spill When You Order Now!         Last month a whole pallet full of bulb-crates tipped off the back of a FedEx truck and into the street outside our barn. Crates broke open and thousands of daffodil bulbs mixed hopelessly together. But every cloud has a silver lining: we?re offering you a bag of 15 mixed, unlabeled daffodils free when you order at least $50 worth of any other bulbs for delivery this fall. Depending on what you get, that?s a value of anywhere from $17 to $97! Order $100 and we?ll send you two bags; for $150 you?ll get three, and so on.         Daffodils in the mix include Colleen Bawn (regularly $6.50 each), Dreamlight, Geranium, Laurens Koster, Little Gem, Ornatus, pheasant?s-eye (N. poeticus recurvus), Shot Silk, and W.P. Milner. All will thrive in zones 6 and 7, and most will do fine in zones 5 and 8a, too. To get them, just type ?Big Spill bulbs, please? into the feedback box when you order online, or mention it by phone or mail. But when they?re gone, they?re gone, so don?t delay!     WEB-ONLY TREASURES for You or Someone Very Special!         For dozens of spectacular tulips so rare we couldn?t offer them in our print catalog, look for those highlighted with purple bars at

        Be the only gardener in your city, county, or state to grow these fabulous living jewels! Exclusively from our friends at the Dutch botanic garden of antique bulbs, some are true Tulipomania tulips in a luscious tapestry of colors, some date to colonial days, all are available nowhere else, and who knows when we?ll be able to offer them again? Order now to enjoy a museum-quality display in your own garden next spring or for unforgettable gifts!     NOW GET SIX FOR FIVE In Our Hortus Sampler!         Let us share our bounty with you! We got more extra-rare tulips than we expected from the Hortus Bulborum, so now when you order our Exquisite Rarities tulip sampler at
you?ll get 6 bulbs instead of 5, at no increase in price. That?s 20% more, free!     WEB-ONLY DAFFODILS and White Roman Hyacinth         You won?t find these rare prizes offered anywhere else this fall, not even in our catalog! Firetail has a solid red eye, Admiration has petals like taffeta silk, and the wildflowery white Roman hyacinth smells like heaven. For photos and descriptions of these and more, look for the purple bars at our daffodil and hyacinth pages at
    purveyor of heirloom bulbs.? The Avant Gardener is a terrific, 36-year-old newsletter of all things new and exciting in the garden world. For a sample issue, send $3 to PO Box 489, New York, NY 10028, and tell Mr. Powell you appreciate his long-time support of our cause!                     VOLES, YELLOW LABS, and Bulb Safety         Our good customer Faye Bailey Timm of Chesapeake, Virginia, writes:         Our problem with voles has been alleviated by planting EVERYTHING with Permatil (ground up slate).  We also keep our yellow lab away from young flowers by posting two-foot-high green stakes by them.  This provides a visual barrier until the plant is large enough to speak for itself.  The dog's presence has slowed down the rabbits, though now we have the dog issue instead!   zemedelec

Reply to
Zemedelec